Very true. Here, however, are some things they DID say:
- "Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man" - Thomas Jefferson
- "Lighthouses are more useful than churches" - Benjamin Franklin
- "This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it." - John Adams
- "As to taxes, they are evidently inseparable from government. It is impossible without them to repay the debts of the nation, to protect it from foreign danger, or to secure individuals from lawless violence and rapine." - Alexander Hamilton
- "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson
- "Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." - Thomas Jefferson
- "In regard to religion, mutual toleration in the different professions thereof is what all good and candid minds in all ages have ever practised, and, both by precept and example, inculcated on mankind." - Samuel Adams
- The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.” - John Adams
- They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
- "A nation under a well-regulated government, should permit none to remain uninstructed. It is monarchical and aristocratical government only that requires ignorance for its support." - Thomas Paine
- "Each individual of the society has a right to be protected by it in the enjoyment of his life, liberty, and property…He is obliged, consequently, to contribute his share to the expense of this protection; and to give his personal service, or an equivalent, when necessary." - John Adams
- "Equal laws protecting equal rights; the best guarantee of loyalty and love of country." - James Madison
My life is ready for the future. I’m ready to be proud of myself and the things I’ve accomplished. I get down on myself cause I’m not where I wanna be.
yarrr. so I’ve been working 7 days a week and I’m trying to get my life in order, I’m going to see ll and etid on thurs, should be a good time. I’m just ready to move my life forward. I’ve pretty much been homeless for 2 years and its worn my walls down. Shit is tough. I dont even really want christmas presents cause I dont feel like I deserve them. Self esteem is rough. I just wanna feel like I’m moving forward and not stuck bouncing from couch to couch. I wanna feel human and I don’t right now.
You can run away all you’d like and still be home in time for tea, so what do you say? Anywhere. All of time and space right outside those doors.